Thursday, July 15, 2010

Movie shoot

So this saturday and sunday I'll be acting in a movie called, Company of the Damned. It's a low budget indie film but exciting all the same, weve already shot two scenes where I had no lines at all (I had a line but it was cut). This weekend I'm excited though because I have a couple lines and actually play a major role in two of the scenes, I'm not going to reveal for what reason, but it's exciting none the less. We'll be shooting out in Manassas Virginia, right next to Manassas battle field. That's about a 45 minute drive from my house. It's actually interesting how I got this role in the first place, see I'm not an actor, just a really bad comedian, but one of the people working on the film was friends with my old rugby coach, so when they needed zombie extras they asked for rugby players, so I signed up. After I had already become a zombie I recieved another email, from the director this time, saying that the actor who was to play Kyle Flick had dropped off the face of the earth and wasn't responding to emails or phone calls anymore, so they were in need of somebody to play a 23 year old male, and they needed one quickly as the shooting was this weekend. Thankfully I fit the description and was able to move up the ranks to an actual speaking role with no prior experience, or even having to read for the role.

So even though I would love to talk more about the actual acting I don't want to give to much away, so I'll leave you with that, the movie will be released on DVD and possibly some film festivles, so once its for sale I'll leave the info on how to buy it, and if it makes any film festivles than I'll let you know which ones and ticketing information.

I also write for a more sports orientated blog, you can check it out here http://602k7l.blogspot.com/, I just recently wrote a rant about James Toney.

Also if you have any questions for me, you can email me at danwyatt221@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment