Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fasten your seatbelts, everybody.

Hello Interwebs, this is your captain speaking. We have been cleared for take-off.

You know, I wish I was as funny in real life as I try to be here. The name's Alix, aka lilstrawberry, which is a nickname I received from the all-powerful omnipotent Dan Wyatt after I tried my hand at rapping (hey, it was for charity, alright?). You wanna know why? Because strawberries are "cute, small, harmless, and everyone loves them." His words, not mine. Although did you know a lot of people are actually allergic to strawberries?

Anyway. I was invited here because I'm Dan's best friend. I've known him for seventeen years. Yep. Seventeen long years. I moved into the house across the street from his when we were two and we started kindergarten together before I moved later that year. And we've stayed in touch since, especially since I moved back to the tri-state area two years ago. So you could say I know him best.

And let me tell you, the boy is a weirdo. He likes to hug anyone and everyone, especially me. He has an unhealthy obsession with the Washington Redskins and the MMA. He's like my brother, so he pesters me any chance he gets. And He is one hell of a good stand-up comic, I will give him that. Oh, and he's in a movie.

That's Dan.

And I have no idea what I will be contributing to this blog. Besides my awesomeness as Dan said I'm not allowed to talk about football (read SOCCER) because he hates it. Which makes me sad and I'm trying to convert him but no luck thus far.

So fasten your seatbelts, everybody. Because AirAlix is taking off.

~Alix

2 comments: